Sunday, July 15, 2007

Countdown is on!!

Hey ya'll! It's Sunday night and I have a little over 24 hours before I leave and can't sleep there are so many little things left to do...like pack! and I'll be spending the majority of tomorrow with my best friend being her guinea pig at Paul Mitchell for the day in Provo...so I'll get it all done somehow ;) But I just wanted to write a quick note. Thanks for the great book ideas, It helped a LOT just gotta make sure I can fit them all. I'm only allowed 50lb and still have to have room to bring stuff back. I can't tell you how excited I am it's going to be amazing. I wasn't planning on working before I left but I got offered a temp job so I took it, and LOVED IT ... and the paycheck. I only did it one day and got as much as I would have made in an entire week at UVSC. Then I got a call from another lady asking me to temp when I get back. So I'll have some working time to find a more permanent job. I'm really excited about it. Other than that life's just great, my brother got married Thursday and it doesn't seem real yet. I won't get to see him for like a month :( My sister still hasn't sold her house, she's decided to come with us on the trip and I think it'll be good for her. She was denied the surgery for the hole in her heart because as of 10 days before the 3rd time her surgery was scheduled the FDA decided that the device hasn't been through enough testing and therefore is calling it "experimental" meaning insurance will no longer pay for it. Which sucks because she was terminated from her job the day before my clinical boards because of her heart condition. She's been trying to fight that ever since but it's a slow process. So she's been unemployed and having to pay her own insurance and with all the other medical conditions she has it's been tough. It's amazing to watch someone use the gospel so much in their lives to give them comfort and guidance. She is so strong and amazes me every day. My life is so blessed.

But anyway, congrats to all those who've got jobs...I think I'm the last one haha always bringin' up the rear. Hope ya'll are enjoying your summers! I'm sure I'll share more when I get back WAHOO!! LOVE you all

Elisabeth

No comments: