Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Great news!!

I PASSED the dumb california boards!! I am so happy! It's so nice to officially be DONE, yippppeeee!! And Happy 24th today! Ty is in California taking the bar as we speak, I'm dying. He's studied like crazy, but this last week when I've told people he's taking the california bar I hear all these horror stories of people failing. There was only a 35% pass rate for the Cali bar in February. Let's just hope Ty makes it into that 35% or we might be home from London a little earlier than planned (Ha! He'll pass...I hope). Oh my sweet Amelia! Does she miss me? Give her my love, and all the other babies.

My sister had her baby boy last week, they named him Owen Michael. Oh how my heart melts for him. They actually just found out he has PKU. and those of you who were intently listening in physiology class will remember that that is when your body is missing the enzyme that breaks down protein. So baby Owen will never be able to eat meat, dairy, eggs, milk, enriched flour...it's sucks. My sister's pretty overwhelmed, but luckily they've caught it now and can manage it with diet. It's pretty crazy though, it won't make him sick if he has protien, it causes brain damage, so it has to be a pretty strict diet. So I'm officially starting a vegetarian diet for a month, I might try to do the vegan diet that he'll have to be on, but I really don't know if I can do it. My family's just going to try the diet for awhile just to get some recipes and ideas for my sis. Anyway, if any of you know anyone/anything with PKU let me know, I've been researching it like crazy.

I love and miss you all. When are you coming to London, has anyone bought a plane ticket yet? Just let me know the dates you're coming and I'll write it in my calendar.

Love,
Em

p.s. I'm going to try to get ty's friends to steal me a BYU law calendar like the one I had last year, does anyone want to join in on the theft? Let me know.

3 comments:

Denise and Brandon said...

Congrats Em! Wow! Can you believe it's finally over? You must be so relieved. That's hard to hear about your little nephew...but if PKU is his worst problem we can be thankful, right? Our prayers are with Ty. Hope all goes well. Love ya,
Denise

Denise and Brandon said...

I read my comment and I realized it may come across insensitive but I didn't at all mean it that way. I can only imagine how overwhelming that would be. I'm sure it will be a huge adjustment for the whole family. I'm just glad he's a growing healthy boy in all other ways.
Denise

Nicole said...

EM!!! Congrats on the Cali boards. You rock. Way sorry about little Owen. I'll keep your fam in my prayers. I just got a "crazy healthy" cookbook from my Ma. I'll check it out for ideas. Best of luck for Ty. He is so stinking smart he'll ace it. Love you, Nico