Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Our Humble Abode

This is our humble home down here in HOT San Antonio. I thought I would include some pictures of it so ya'll can see where we live. It's a cute home, nice and cozy with little snakes in the yard and spiders the size of my big toe. We've killed about six of them, two with large egg sacs on their backs. Luckily we haven't encountered the scorpions yet that I've heard about. Time to call the exterminator!

You're not the only caboose, Elizabeth. I haven't even started looking for a job. We just got back from a nice vacation with my family in Chicago and Brandon started school yesterday. Now that everything is calming down with the move and vacation and starting school, maybe I can begin to look for work. Ya'll keep talking about how nice your paychecks are and I can't wait to join the fun. We've figured that if I work one day a week, it will pay enough to cover our mortgage bill and then some left over each month. I hope it works out the way I want.



We attended the "Welcome to the Profession" ceremony on Sunday and there's about 15 students from BYU. All the non-members are shocked by all these students that are married with children. They keep telling Brandon, "I don't know how you're doing it." I'm thinking, Brandon? 'What about being the one sick and pregnant and having a baby while in school?'jk. There are a lot of females in his class. One is pregnant, another has a three month old. Her husband and baby live in Austin (about 2 hours away). She is going to live in San Antonio while her family stays in Austin and drive home only on the weekends while her parents take care of their baby. That's nuts! I don't know how she's doing it. We took a tour of the dental school and I have been getting familiar with the program and it reminds me a lot of ours, except for a really nice clinic. They stay in the same classroom all day long and this semester they have dental anatomy, histology, radiography, dental materials, etc....sounds like a cinch, jk. I'm sure it's way harder and a lot more information to learn but I'm curious to compare what I've learned to what they will learn. I've already made friends with a few LDS wives. They're great. Katie, Natalie, I'll have to keep you posted on what to expect the first year and hopefully rule out the horror stories I've been told.



Check out our blog to see how Brayden is growing. These last few weeks we've had awesome pictures taken of her because we've done lots of fun things and my sister in Chicago has a really nice and expensive high tech digital camera and loves taking everybody's picture, but the pictures I will take from now on aren't going to be as exciting. Well, keep the posts coming. I hope everyone is doing well.



Denise

2 comments:

Tyler and Emily said...

Hey denise! Your house is so cutem I'm so glad to hear your all settled in. I can't believe Brandon has already started school! Hey, what's your blog? I can't remember and I want to see all the cute pictures of Bradyn?
love, em

Tyler and Emily said...

nevermind! I found it on the blog- Bradyn is getting so big!!