Saturday, June 16, 2007

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hey everybody I just wanted to write and say hi. I am getting ready to go to California for the weekend. We are leaving on Saturday and coming back on Wednesday sometime. I am so excited to have a vacation and get away from the Sports Authority for a while. I am still liking my job there for the most part. I go through those bad days but most days I really like my job.

I was only planning on working 2 1/2 days a week and then I had kind of changed my mind to go full time at the end of the summer. Well, I just found out that I will probably only be working the original 2 1/2 I had planned on at first. We don't think we can find a hygienist to only work for the summer. So he is just going to hire this girl that wants to work part time permanently and I might have to try and find one or two more days a week. So if anybody knows of anything will you let me know.

Here is the recipe for my chocolate chip cookies that I make almost every Sunday afternoon (that is if I am in Provo). So if anybody ever wants to come visit on Sunday I usually have fresh hot cookies lying around my house. Here it is:

3/4 cup crisco
1 1/3 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
2 Tbls. milk
1 Tbls. vanilla

Combine in large bowl.
Beat in:
1 egg

Add:
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda

Stir in chocolate chips

Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

This is actually just from the Crisco sticks package so an easy way to find it is to buy some of those.

I hope all is going well for everybody. I love and miss you all. I will post pictures of my trip to Cali next week

Kara

No comments: