Tuesday, June 5, 2007

DH 2007 cook book

Since I only got recipes from Mckenzie and Nicole for our cook book, I decided not to bind the 5 recipes and give them out to you all. ha! ha! and Nic already posted hers so here are the ones from Mckenzie- keep posting your tasty recipes becuase I'm going to print them all out. The California boards went as good as they could have. Edna was accepted on her first submission, I was so relieved- I think I passed, but I don't know. I'm pretty sure I passed the 2 written ethics/law tests, but there were a few questions that I had know idea about. Oh my gosh- it was psycho there! There were over 150 people taking theclinicals. They did 77 in the morning and 80 in the afternoon- the clinic is GINORMOUS!! Who cares though. I've been way busy with my classes at the U- I didn't do one thing before the cali boards so I'm doing alot of catch up now. I'm at the U right now- obviously not getting alot of work done. I love you all and will write more later!

love, em

BBQ Pork Chops
6 Red potatoes, cut into quarters
6 Med. carrots, cut into 1-inch peices
8 Bone-in-loin, OR pork Chops (cut 1 inch thick)
Salt/pepper/season (to taste)-I use canadian steak seasoning, but whatever you like/have works.
1 (20 oz) Bottle of favorite BBQ sauce
1 Cup Ketsup
1 Cup Cola
2-3 Tbs. Worchestershire sauce
Place veggies in slow cooker. Top with pork chops. Sprinkle with salt, perpper and seasoning (optional). Combine BBQ sauce, ketchup, cola and W sauce. Pour over chops.
Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat and veggies are tender.
German Pancakes
(is life really complete without a good GP recipe?)
6 eggs
1t. salt
1c. milk
1c. flour
1 cube butter
Melt butter in 9X13 pan while preheating oven too 400 degrees. Mix remaining ingredients well and pour over melted butter. Bake 20 minutes. Serve with syrup or jam and pwd sugar.
Pegs Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cream
1 cup butter (I have learned that it works best if you can take the butter out of the fridge early and use it at room temp. for this recipe)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
Add
1-2t. vanilla
1t. baking soda
1t. baking pwd
1t. salt
3 cups flour (packed)
2-3 cups choc chips
Bake at 400 degrees for 7-9 minutes
Asian Beef and Noodles
(So easy and So yummy)
1 lb. groud beef
2 pkg. (3 oz each) oriental flavor Ramen noodles
2 cups frozen vegetable mixture
1 t. ground ginger
2 Tbs. thinkly sliced green onions (we love onions so I use way more than that!)
Brown meat and onions, drain fat, season with one packet of seasoning. In skillet combine 2 Cups water, veggies, noodles (broken up) ginger and remaining seasoning packet. Cover, simmer for 3 mins. Combine with meat and grean onions. Enjoy!

No comments: